Leading housebuilder Linden Homes, behind developments including Hawkswood in Bicester, is inviting local schools, businesses and residents to get involved in bringing some festive cheer to help support Helen & Douglas House, a children’s hospice in Oxford.
The housebuilder is calling for a range of gifts, which the housebuilder will deliver to the hospice to give local terminally ill children and their families a magical Christmas. Helen & Douglas House hospice improves the lives of local terminally ill children and their families from Oxfordshire and the surrounding areas, at home, in hospital and at their hospice in Oxford.
For those looking to donate, the hospice has provided a wish list* to include anti-slip socks, colouring books and party bag filler toys. The gifts should be dropped off with Linden Homes staff at Hawkswood off Pioneer Road in Bicester by Wednesday 11th December, ahead of the housebuilder’s team hand-delivering the gifts to the hospice before Christmas.
Trevor Wicks, Managing Director for Linden Homes Thames Valley, commented: "As many of us are starting our Christmas shopping and getting set for the festivities, there are children and families facing a difficult Christmas this year whether it because of serious illness, injury or lifelong medical conditions.
"We would like to invite those living or working local to Oxford and the surrounding areas to work with us on this project and help us, to help those in need this year. The community here is one with real spirit and that’s why we are reaching out to help support such a worthy cause.”
Finley, aged 11, lives in Bicester with Mum Michaela, Dad and sister Lucie and has been attending Helen & Douglas House for 10 years for respite stays. Finley has multiple medical problems which have caused problems with growth and development and his metabolism. Michaela summed up what Helen & Douglas House meant for her and her family by saying; “It’s a little taste of heaven. They’re wonderful. I can’t thank them enough for what they offer.”
Shahzaadee Adam, Corporate Fundraising Executive from Helen & Douglas House, said: “Thank you so much to Linden Homes for choosing to support Helen & Douglas House. It’s a really lovely way to support our charity not only at Christmas, but for the rest of the year too. These gifts will help the local terminally ill children and their families that we care for have a magical Christmas creating wonderful memories which will last forever.”
Christmas Wish List
Items that can be duplicated
Toiletry sets Nail Varnish sets Cinema vouchers (Vue, Odeon, Curzon, Cineworld) Eating out vouchers (Nandos, Costa coffee, Pizza Hut etc) Amazon vouchers, arts and crafts supplies (paints, paper, felt tips, glitter etc)
1. TICK TOCK - Baby Infant Boys Anti Slip Socks | 4 & 8 Pair Multipack, With Grippers | Ages 0-24 Months- X1
2. TICK TOCK Baby Girls Fluffy Socks | Anti Slip Grippers | 4 Pair Multipack- X1
3. Lost Ocean: An Inky Adventure & Colouring Book- X1
4. Magical Jungle: An Inky Expedition & Colouring Book- X1
5. YCbingo Toddler Bee Hive Preschool Wooden Toys, Bee Toy, Toddlers for Baby Early Educational Toddler Montessori Game Motor Skills Toy- X1
6. Baker Ross Giant Blue Paint and Inking Pad (15cm) Perfect For Kids Hand Painting and Stamping- X1
7. Zerodis 24pcs Round Paint Foam Sponge Brush Set Colourful Mini DIY Painting Sponge Seals with Wooden Handle- X1
8. Ucradle Party Light Up Toys, 72 pieces LED Party Bag Fillers party favours With LED Accessories - 56 LED Flashing Rings,3 LED Bubble Bracelets,5 LED Glasses and 8 LED Finger Lights- X1
9. Syolee Toy 28 Pcs LED Light Up Toys Party Bag Fillers with 20 LED Finger Lights 8 Flashing LED Glasses Lights Great for Holiday LED Light Toys Party Favour Supplies- X1
10. Charles Bentley Kid's Girls Boys Castle Play Tent - Indoor / Outdoor in Grey - 3+ Years- X1
11. HENBRANDT 12 X Spike ball Led Disco Dance Dancing with Flashing Light- X1
12. Egg Shaker Set,3O Pcs Plastic Maracas Eggs Musical Instruments for Babies Kids, Percussion Musical Egg Maracas- X1
13. 12 Mini Hand Clappers ~ Party bag filler toys- X1
14. Henbrandt 12 x Mini Smiley Maracas- X1
Media can contact Amber Chapman for more information, images and interviews with Linden Homes on 01962 893 893 or email@example.com
29 November 2019
All images are used for illustrative purposes only and are representative only. They may not be the same as the actual home you purchase and the specification may differ. Images may be of a slightly different model of home and may include optional upgrades and extras which involve additional cost. Individual features such as windows, brick, carpets, paint and other material colours may vary and also the specification of fittings may vary. Any furnishings and furniture are not included in any sale. Please check with our sales representatives for details of the exact specifications available at the development(s) for each type of home and the associated prices.