Property News
11 Apr 2014

  • Rightmove reports - activity in the housing market at the start of this year has surpassed all records and expectations
  • Research from the Clydesdale and Yorkshire Banks shows that optimism is high in the property market with the number of people planning to move home doubling in the last 12 months
  • According to Hometrack, in February 2014, 95.8% of all homes on the market achieved their asking price
  • Property Wire reports - The UK government’s Help to Buy scheme has already had a noticeable impact on the housing market and is expected to continue to do so in 2014
  • According to LSL Property Services, the number of first time buyers rose by a third between the first month of 2013 and January this year

The media is full of news on the property market: house prices due to increase, Help to Buy, fixed rate mortgages etc but one message is clear above all – now is the time to move.

Nigel Palmer, managing director of Linden Homes said: “2014 seems to be the year people want to move home. We’ve seen a high level of visitors and reservations since the new year and Help to Buy is obviously playing a large part. It’s fantastic news that Help to Buy has been extended in the recent Budget.

“Rightmove has reported that 57% of renters are doing so because they can’t afford to buy and we’re keen to help those people.”

"You often hear how Help to Buy is enabling first time buyers to join the property ladder and of all our Help to Buy reservations taken in the last year, 64% have been to first time buyers. However, that remaining 36% has helped existing homeowners make their next move, especially those that bought at the peak with a 100% mortgage. Sadly some people think they’re stuck in the home they live in but there are ways we can help. We also offer Assisted Move so we’ll sell your home and pay the estate agents’ fees, while you move into a new Linden home.”

The other initiative that has been a resounding success is Part Exchange, which enables homeowners to buy a new home and sell their existing property in one, quick, hassle-free move; there’s no chain and estate agents fees are paid by the company.

“Many people are attracted by how quickly you can move, while we say within 28 days there are many examples of people moving in just seven to 15 days after they’ve reserved.”

Adam Champion from the New Homes Group said: “With interest rates at a historic low and the availability of some great mortgage products on the market, it really is a wise time to invest in property, especially as the top lenders continue to confirm house prices are rising month on month. The activity and interest in the property market is seeing homes selling faster then ever.

“If you’d thought about moving previously but couldn't raise enough deposit then visit Linden Homes and we’ll check, the mortgage market has moved a long way in the last couple of years and there’s never been a better time.”

Linden Homes is currently selling a range of one, two, three and four bedroom homes in Exeter, Exminster, Goodrington, Okehampton, Westward Ho!, Plymouth, Liskeard, Duporth, Grampound, Truro, Wadebridge and Redruth.


For further information, contact Emma Mackay on 01626 356666 or email

References to “we”, “us” or “our” are to the part of the Vistry Group (including Linden Homes, Bovis Homes, Countryside Homes, Drew Smith or one of Vistry’s joint venture companies) from which you are intending to purchase a new home. References to "you” and “your” are to the prospective buyer or buyers of a new home from us.

All images are used for illustrative purposes only and are representative only. They may not be the same as the actual home you purchase and the specification may differ. Images may be of a slightly different model of home and may include optional upgrades and extras which involve additional cost. Individual features such as windows, brick, carpets, paint and other material colours may vary and also the specification of fittings may vary. Any furnishings and furniture are not included in any sale. Please check with our sales consultants for details of the exact specifications available at the development(s) for each type of home and the associated prices.