Buying Or Selling A Home At Christmas? Here Are Six Top Tips To Make Your Move Stress-free
Many people would consider buying a home at Christmas a nightmare, however, there are a number of reasons why moving house at this time of year can actually be just as good, if not better than any other season. To help with the festive move, award-winning local housebuilder, Linden Homes, has six top tips to make buying a home this Christmas a cracking experience.
- Fast sales and purchases needed around Christmas can often mean exchange of contracts and completions in the same week or even the same day, so make sure you’re prepared to move quickly by getting your paperwork organised well in advance to ensure there are no hold-ups.
- Research by Which Mortgage shows that one in four house sales fall through due to buyers pulling out - the last thing you need if you’re hoping to move in time for Christmas. If you’re buying a new build property, schemes such as Part Exchange from Linden Homes could be a great option to avoid these pitfalls.
- When packing, clearly mark a Christmas essentials box which includes all the things you need for the big day, including stockings, Christmas decorations and presents!
- Make sure you notify your change of address to friends and family so you don’t miss out on the Christmas cards.
- Book your removal van as soon as possible, most removals companies finish on the 23rd December so don’t wait until the last minute.
- When you do move in, consider taking a mince pie or two to your new neighbours, everyone loves a bit of Christmas cheer and it will start you off on great terms!
Linden Homes has a number of developments in Gloucestershire, including Honeystones, a beautiful collection of three, four and five-bedroom homes in the charming village of Bourton-on-the-Water.
Sheetal Smith, Sales Manager at Linden Homes Thames Valley, said: “We understand moving home can be quite stressful at times, especially at Christmas when there are so many other things to think about and time is of the essence! There are several things you can do to ease the buying and moving process, including our Part Exchange scheme which means you could be moving much sooner than you think.”How does
How does Part Exchange* work?
- Choose your new home
- Your existing home is valued and surveyed
- Linden Homes makes you an offer on your house at 100% of market value
- Linden Homes markets and sells your new home for you, chain free
- You move into your new home
As with all Linden Homes’ developments, each property at Honeystones also comes with both a 10-year NHBC warranty and a two-year customer care warranty.
The development is now open daily, alternatively to find out more about Honeystones or other Linden Homes developments around Gloucestershire, contact 01451 493089.
For media information, contact Alice Cannell or Fotini Efstathiou at Remarkable Content on 01962 893893.
01 November 2016
< Back to press office