The thought of moving home can be overwhelming, but it needn’t be…opting for a new build property at Linden Homes’ popular Tithe Barn development in Exeter can help alleviate the worry.
Brian Deacon, sales and marketing director at Linden Homes, said: “For many homebuyers, the dilemma often starts with the decision between old vs new but in today’s market place, with so many initiatives available, the argument for buying new as opposed to old has never been greater. There are huge benefits designed to reduce costs and ease the stresses related to moving home.
“There is also plenty of choice when it comes to location and style of home, as well as the chance to be part of a new and growing community.”
Tithe Barn currently features three and four bedroom high quality homes, close to Exeter’s city centre. The homes are energy efficient, not only do they reduce energy usage but they have a positive impact on utility bills for all residents.
Seven reasons: why opt for new over old?
1. Help to Buy - There’s a chance to save money through Government-led incentives for existing homeowners and first time buyers.
2. A stress free move - Housebuilders offer Part Exchange to enable buyers to sell their existing home in one smooth move – meaning no chain and no estate agent fees.
3. Energy efficiency - New homes are on average six times more energy efficient and generate 60 per cent less C02 emissions than older style homes, making them cheaper to run and more eco-friendly.
4. Less maintenance - Older homes need more maintenance than new ones, like new guttering, replacement windows or extra roof insulation.
5. Homebuyers can choose their kitchen and bathroom wall tiles, subject to the build stages.
6. There is no chain and you can move in as soon as your new home is ready.
7. All new homes come complete with a 10-year building guarantee warranty.
At Tithe Barn there is a state-of-the-art district heating network which includes remote metering technology so homeowners can keep track of how much energy they’re using. Across the entire development, it is estimated that the new system will provide 7,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide savings per year – or the equivalent of removing 2,500 cars from the road.
In addition to the district heating network, each property also includes cycle storage and increased levels of insulation to ensure heat loss is kept to a minimum.
Brian added: “The development offers high quality, energy efficient homes from an award winning housebuilder, it’s located on the outskirts of Exeter with excellent transport links, so Tithe Barn really does have a huge amount to offer.
“The Housebuilding Federation (HBF) has revealed that the cost of upgrading an old home to new build specifications is nearly £45,000 and it still won’t be as good as new. Not only will a new home be more energy efficient, but it will save you energy too! No weekends spent repainting the hallway doors or the stress of waiting in for tradespeople to arrive. Buying a new home is a sensible investment of your time and money.”
Visit the show homes, open daily from 10am to 5pm, off Tithebarn Link Road, Monkerton, Exeter, EX1 3RH.
Media can contact Emma Mackay on 077383 12960 for more information, images and interviews with Linden Homes.
References to “we”, “us” or “our” are to the part of the Vistry Group (including Linden Homes, Bovis Homes, Countryside Homes, Drew Smith, Vistry Ventures or one of Vistry’s joint venture companies) from which you are intending to purchase a new home. References to "you” and “your” are to the prospective buyer or buyers of a new home from us.
All images are used for illustrative purposes only and are representative only. They may not be the same as the actual home you purchase and the specification may differ. Images may be of a slightly different model of home and may include optional upgrades and extras which involve additional cost. Individual features such as windows, brick, carpets, paint and other material colours may vary and also the specification of fittings may vary. Any furnishings and furniture are not included in any sale. Please check with our sales consultants for details of the exact specifications available at the development(s) for each type of home and the associated prices.