The HBF (House Builders Federation) is promoting the benefits of new build homes through New Homes Week, which runs from 14th to 18th May, but what are the real advantages?
Brian Deacon, sales and marketing director at Linden Homes, said: “In today’s market place, with a range of initiatives available, the case for buying new as opposed to old has never been greater. There are huge benefits designed to reduce costs and ease the stresses related to moving home.
“There is also a good deal of choice in terms of design, location and price. From two bedroom apartments to five bedroom houses, we are creating a beautiful collection of homes to suit a range of buyers.”
Reasons to buy new:
1. Initiatives like Part Exchange enable homebuyers to buy a new Linden home and sell their existing property in one smooth move – meaning no chain, no stress and no estate agent fees.
2. Only available on new build homes, the Government’s Help to Buy scheme offers existing homeowners and first time buyers a chance to save money and afford the space they really need.
3. Energy efficiency - New homes are on average six times more energy efficient and generate 60 per cent less C02 emissions than older style homes, making them cheaper to run and more eco-friendly.
4. Less maintenance - Older homes need more maintenance than new ones, like new guttering, replacement windows or extra roof insulation. The HBF has calculated that the cost of upgrading a home to new build specifications is nearly £45,000!
5. Homebuyers can choose their kitchen and bathroom wall tiles, subject to the build stages.
6. All new homes come complete with a 10 year building warranty.
7. There is no chain and you can move in as soon as your new home is ready:
Philippa relocated thanks to Linden Homes and said: “I was living in a little two-bedroom cottage in Essex and while it was full of character it was also full of jobs like painting and re-pointing brickwork. I bought a beautiful new three-bedroom home and I’m thrilled with the amount of space I have and that I’m not spending my weekends painting walls!
“Even though I was over 250 miles away when I bought my new home, I was able to do a lot over the phone and by email and it all went incredibly smoothly. I was selling my cottage but if I hadn’t made my buyer’s completion date I would have either lost my sale or had to rent and my cat would have had to go into a cattery. I am so grateful that Linden Homes could help me, I had no idea you could move that quickly and still can’t believe I moved house in just six days.”
Brian added: “To celebrate New Homes Week we are offering a special package where homebuyers can reserve a new home for £99 and receive flooring, £1,000 towards legal fees and Stamp Duty paid, available on selected homes on reservations until the end of May – just visit us to find out more.”
Linden Homes is creating a number of new homes locally in Exeter, Kingsteignton, Okehampton, Paignton, Totnes, Blackawton, Sherford, Barnstaple and Camborne.
Additional information about New Homes Week and new homes is available from HBF
Media can contact Emma Mackay on 01626 356666 or 07738312960 for more information, images and interviews with Linden Homes.
All images are used for illustrative purposes only and are representative only. They may not be the same as the actual home you purchase and the specification may differ. Images may be of a slightly different model of home and may include optional upgrades and extras which involve additional cost. Individual features such as windows, brick, carpets, paint and other material colours may vary and also the specification of fittings may vary. Any furnishings and furniture are not included in any sale. Please check with our sales consultants for details of the exact specifications available at the development(s) for each type of home and the associated prices.