A New Home Can Save You Money And Be Eco-friendly
Joining the gym, cutting down on the carbs, saving money and helping the environment.
While some of these New Year Resolutions may have fallen by the wayside, Linden Homes West Yorkshire can help you get back on track with at least two of them!
If you are still feeling the post-festive pinch but have a desire to move home, it is worth considering the long-term savings and other benefits of an energy efficient new home.
It is well documented that older homes are more expensive to run, and recent research shows that almost half of household income is spent on running a home.
However, a new property - built to current energy saving standards and regulations - could be around half the cost of running an older counterpart, say Linden Homes West Yorkshire and the NHBC Foundation.
Some eco-advantages associated with buying a brand new home from Linden Homes:
- Energy efficient light bulbs use less energy and last up to 10 times longer than standard bulbs.
- Most new Linden Homes properties will use 75 per cent energy efficient light fittings as standard. In addition, LED lighting spotlights instead of ‘old fashioned’ bulbs will cut around £35 a year from your bill.
- Linden Homes will fully draught proof your home. Figures show a fully draught proof home could save around £55 a year. Don’t forget to keep doors closed in rooms you are using to keep the heat in.
- Boilers account for around 55 per cent of what is spent on energy bills in a year. Your new home will have a shiny new super energy efficient one.
- The majority of appliances fitted into Linden Homes properties are A rated or higher for energy performance.
- All the toilets in Linden Homes properties feature a dual flush to help conserve water usage.
- New homes will be built with the recommended insulation throughout the home – so no need to check and upgrade.
- Most new homes have thermostat controlled heating - turning it down by just one degree can save around £30 a year.
And with a commitment to sustainability, the Linden Homes group:
- Aims to use local suppliers and tradesmen to reduce energy costs and carbon emissions.
- Uses no rainforest products in the construction of its homes.
- Currently recycles 80 per cent of all its on-site waste building materials
For further press information please contact Cetti Long at Media Matters on 01733 371363 or email email@example.com
14 February 2017
< Back to press office